We are delighted to see five clients shortlisted in the 2023 AJ Retrofit Awards, with a total of seven entries in seven categories.
The AJ Retrofit Awards recognise and celebrate the design expertise behind the vital renewal and repurposing of existing buildings, setting a precedent for ways to slash the industry’s carbon footprint in the process. With a huge spend on upgrading housing, commercial and industrial buildings, retrofit plays a major role in the future of UK construction.
This year’s shortlist includes:
- The Barn by Dallas-Pierce-Quintero (House up to £500,000)
- Bridge House by Emrys Architects (Workplace £10 million and over)
- Crastock Court by Emrys Architects (Housing)
- ARC Padstow by Parti (Hotel, Retail and Leisure)
- ARC Painswick by Parti (Listed building up to £5 million)
- Maidstone Bus Station by Felix Lewis Architects (Health and Community)
- Quatrefoil House by Hyde + Hyde Architects (House £500,000 and over)
We have our fingers crossed on behalf of all our clients and look forward to the winners’ ceremony taking place at the start of April. In the meantime, the full shortlist for each category can be found on architectsjournal.co.uk